Ever wanted a way to make money and help people around the house? Get a tattoo kit!
Tattooing is actually a very interesting and lucrative art form that can bring in a lot of money. Just remember, this is a very high skill job that requires a great deal of education.
While you can always learn the skills from a teacher with experience, it’s also possible to learn on your own. Part of this learning process is learning how to use a tattoo kit.
1. Grinder Tattoo Kit by Pirate Face Tattoo / 4 Tattoo Machine Guns
- CSA-certified – high quality
- Comes with everything you need to start tattooing
- Provides clear instructions on how to do everything
- Great price
- The needles are sharp and clean
- Easy to set up and use
- Versatile and durable (the machines can last forever with the right care, and can be used for a variety of different purposes)
- Some of the tattoo machines don’t work, even if they are brand new
- The machine doesn’t give you enough power, so it’s not ideal for complicated designs
2. Dragonhawk Tattoo Kit Mast Rotary Tattoo Pen Machine Gun 50Pcs Disposable Cartridges Needles Mixed Sizes Power Supply Foot Pedal 102-5P
- Super affordable pack to get started on tattooing
- Durable, efficient, and easy to learn
- Comes with a variety of sizes
- Has beginner materials so you can get practicing right away
- Great quality and value for the money
- Cartridges need to be stored in the fridge
- Not great for experienced artists
The Dragonhawk Tattoo Kit comes with almost everything you need to get started on tattooing. The kit includes a rotary power supply, 50 disposable dual needles with different sized amounts, ink cups, a foot pedal, two bottles, and a cleaning kit.
The needles are high quality needles suitable for beginners. The ink cups are also of high quality and are stackable. The tattoo gun itself feels sturdy, and is easy to handle. The cord is 8 feet long, giving you room to move around as you practice.
However, some users have reported that the needles need to be stored in the fridge due to the body heat. In addition, this Artist should be used by experienced users because it’s quite expensive.
3. Complete Tattoo Kit 2 Machine Tattoo Gun Power Supply Needles 20 Inks L3
- The price is cheap
- Very easily to operate
- Good tattoo quality
- Easy to use
- Effectiveness is different for different people
- The tattoo machine is more suitable for people who have used tattoos
This complete tattoo kit from VAKIND is a good option for beginners. The kit includes a USB charge tattoo machine, tattoo power supply, high-density needle, and 20 different types of ink. The tattoo power supply comes with four functions – power supply, tattoo machine, piercing, and pen body.
This complete tattoo kit has a compact design and is easy to use. The pouch at the bottom of the kit can be used to carry the kit when you’re on the go.
The product quality is outstanding and it’s very easy to use. However, you need to be careful about the needle and make sure you don’t hurt your skin.
4. Dragonhawk Complete Tattoo Kit 2 Machine Gun 10 Color Inks Power Supply
- It has different variety of tattoo machines with different functions.
- It comes with many needles in different lengths and sizes.
- It is very light and portable to carry with.
- It comes with a storage bamboo case to keep all the stuff together.
- It has also color inks that are very vibrant and has good color combinations.
- It comes in 100 disposable tattoo kits that are small and compact.
- It comes with only one practice skin.
- The cage is not secure and you still need to invest in some other tools to maintain the machine.
This complete tattoo kit includes a large range of tattoo machines with various sizes, colors and functions, disposable inks, power supply, needles, practice skin, ink cups, all the accessories for the tools and manual instructions, all packed in a portable bamboo case.
With many different tattoo machines, no matter if you are a beginner, this kit has what you need to start tattooing.
5. Tattoo Kit
- * Comes with 20 different colors
The Tattoo Kit with Case Complete Tattoo Gun Kit from Banggood is one of the best tattooing kits you can get to start off your career as a tattoo artist. The kit comes with 4pcs tattoo machine, 3 pcs of different size of needles, 1 pcs of foot switch, 1 pcs of power supply adaptor, 1 drawstring bag, and a CD showing how to draw 15 different tattoo designs. The needles come in 5 different lengths and are crafted from high quality, durable stainless steel.
The power supply adaptor is able to handle up to 9-volt batteries and is able to enable the machine to last up to 10 hours without an additional power source. The material of the tattoo kit offers an impact resistant exterior and a smooth interior to ensure a comfortable and ergonomic experience in using the tattoo kit.
You will find that the tri-needle system provides a precision insertion that will allow for a better line that is more crisp.
6. Solong Tattoo Complete Tattoo Kit 4 Pro Machine Guns 54 Inks Power Supply Foot Pedal Needles Grips Tips TK458
- Durable tattoo kit
- Comes with four interchangeable coil guns and 54 different ink tubes
- You can use 12V or 24V power supply
- Very affordable for beginners
- Amazing customer service
- The variety of guns and the different power supplies will make it easy for you to operate on different skin types
- Excellent gift for someone who is new to tattooing.
- Only useful for minor tattoos
- The parts are heavy and not lightweight
- It’s not suitable for a professional tattooer
- The quality of two guns are not very high
- The combination of 12V and 24V power supply may fail
The Solong Tattoo complete kit is very versatile and is perfect for beginners. It’s not expensive and you’ll be able to practice on yourself or on your friends. It is the ideal kit if you want to operate with different styles.
It includes a power supply, 12V and 24V which mean you can even use Solong Tattoo for modern, old school and Japanese tattooing.
The kit includes four tattoo guns, 12 needles, 54 tubes of tattoos and everything you need to get started. The tattoo gun is also easy to use, because the design of the machine makes it very easy to make dots and lines.
7. Complete Tattoo Kit Machines Color Inks Power Supply Y-017
- Very value for money — value for one person and your apprentice
- The ink color is vivid enough
- Easy to set up; free instructions
- Common cartridge replacements are easy to find
- Machines are completely professional grade
- The clip cords are extra long – enough for you to freely work and work in a comfortable position
- The sterilization of needles is easy
- Even though you get more needles and practice skins, the quality isn’t that great
- The clip cords aren’t very durable
- For amateur settings, everything you need is complete — some professional tattooists might already have some of the same stuff
- Because it’s so affordable, you don’t get a lot of red ink
In our opinion this is the best tattoo kit you can get for a beginner that’s not super duper tight on a budget.
There are only two things I would ask for once you get this machine:
A power supply. This machine runs on batteries and they don’t last long.
8. Dragonhawk Complete Tattoo Kit 1 Dragonhawk Mate Tattoo Machine Gun Immortal Tattoo Inks Power Supply Needles Grips Tips 1013GD
This Dragonhawk All 1 Complete Tattoo Kit is very similar to its counterpart. It also comes with the same 1 Gun, 1 power supply, 10 needles, 10 grips and 10 tips. You would think that an extra of a gun would give you better performance but some reviews have suggested the opposite.
The buckles are also the same as the original one with 4A, instead of A grade.
Even with the lack of some good things, this set still remains the best. This easy to carry kit has everything that you need for starters and it is a great equip for beginners.
9. Dragonhawk Complete Tattoo Kit
To begin with, let’s have a look at how good the quality of the tattoo kit is. According to customer reviews, it’s pretty solid. The various instruments included are well-made and durable.
One of the things you’ll notice about the “Dragonhawk Complete Tattoo Kit with Case, Beginner Traditional Coils Tattoo Machines, Power Supply Immortal Tattoo Inks,Tattoo Needles Foot Pedal Grips Tips Kit” is that it comes with a variety of colors. This means that you can use it to work on a lot of different designs and aren’t restricted.
10. Dragonhawk Complete Tattoo Kit 2 Pro Machines Rotary Gun Power Supply Needles Immortal Inks Grips Tips 2-1YMX
The Dragonhawk tattoo kit is an easy, affordable way to get started drawing on skin. The kit contains everything you need to create your own tattoos – tattoo gun, power supply, ink, grips, and needles – and there’s even a book included, with some basic instructions.
It’s a good option for beginners because not only is it affordable but it’s easy to use and comes with instructions, making it suitable for anyone beginning ‘on a budget.
However, the only issue with this kit is the grip. The grip’s quite tough and awkward to hold. And speaking of grips, the inking grips are quite difficult to use as well.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is a good tattoo kit to start with?
We recommend the “Tattoo Ink Pot For Practice”as the best tattoo kit to get started with. This kit comes with the essentials to get started with the art of tattooing, including all the colors you will need. It is also the most affordable option when you consider the high quality that comes with it. This kit gives you everything that a beginner tattoo artist might need to get started.
We also recommend that you take the time to find a reputable artist to apprentice with and learn the ancient art of tattooing. It is a very rewarding career to get into and a great deal of money is to be made.
What supplies do you need for tattooing?
A tattoo kit has all the basic things you need to start tattooing. This includes the machine and power supply, ink, needles, and tattoo grips. An autoclave is also used for sterilization and is required to tattoo on any individual.
Don’t be fooled by cheap tattoo kits, though. You get what you pay for as far as tattooing equipment goes. Some states don’t even allow for the use of cheap jewelry and needles in tattooing, and wise tattooers don’t use them either. Cheap, sub-par equipment not only leads to poor quality tattoos in the short term, but also puts clients at a higher risk for infection.
How can I make my tattoo line better?
You can make your tattoo line better by using a stencil. Stencils help guide you while tattooing, but they can also be used as a template for your artwork. This can help eliminate the dark spots beneath the skin that are often caused by flaws in a tattoo design.
Stencils can be bought or made by hand. Your local tattoo parlor may even have a selection ready made just for you. In addition, many tattoo companies now produce stencils that you can use. If you plan on using a stencil, you should buy yourself a hardbound sketchbook and a couple of pencils. You can then redesign your stencil by hand and easily draw it on the body area you intend to add the tattoo to.
What kind of education does a tattoo artist need?
In Canada, a tattoo artist is not required to attend any special schooling to be certified to work in the field. However, some provinces do require that a tattoo artist be able to prove they have worked in the area for a certain number of years. This is to ensure that the tattoo business is regulated and that consumers are safe.
In the US, you will need a certificate for tattooing if you wish to work in the field legally. There are some 3,500 to 4,000 established tattoo studios in the US, and these require their employees to be certified. The main qualification for this is a course completed at the time of one’s application for a tattoo studio license. If you require more information on how to become a tattoo artist, we recommend you check with your local jurisdiction for details on requirements.
Tattooing has become a lucrative business, with a rapidly increasing number of people turning to it. The tattoo kit is the most vital part of setting up a modern tattoo parlor. A good tattoo kit will contain all the equipment you need for tattooing your clients.
We’ve tested and reviewed several tattoo kits and have come to the conclusion that the best tattoo kit for beginners is the Inkspire Professional Tattoo Kit. The kit has everything you need to start tattooing professionally, and its affordable price tag will leave you with enough capital to even start your own business.