For those of you who are interested in learning about how to get a tattoo, they say the most important thing is to choose a responsible tattoo artist. A good tattooist is not just an artist, but also a teacher, a psychologist and a doctor … and a good tattooist will always put the quality of their work above everything else.
But do not forget that a tattooist is only half of the process, and if you do not have the right friend to help you with your initial tattoo choosing process, it can even ruin your art forever and make you regret about your decision to get a tattoo.
1. Dragonhawk Mast Pen Rotary Tattoo Machine Power Supply 20Pcs Wjx Cartridges Needles Foot Pedal
- The kit features an upgraded collection of professional tattooing equipment ideal for artists
- It comes with a large collection of different tools, in which you can choose from
- The kit contains everything you need to start tattooing now
- It’s versatile and can be used for different styles of tattooing
- The tattoo equipment is of high quality and is durable
- The tattoo set features materials such as specialized ink, needles, and power supply in a variety of choices
- The tattoo kit is suitable for home as well as professional use
While the Dragonhawk Mast Pen Rotary Tattoo Machine Power Supply and Tattoo Inks Set is the best professional tattoo kits on the market, it does come with a pretty high price. The tattoo kit is best suited for those looking for a tattoo kit on a professional level.
Simple Q&A to Help You Determine Which One is Best for Your Needs.
What is a tattoo kit, for starters?
2. Dragonhawk Cartridge Tattoo Machine Kit Pen Rotary Tattoo Machine Cartridge Needles Power Supply
- Good for beginners
- Comes with a cleaning kit
- You can easily replace the power cord
- Can be purchased for decent price
- High quality needles
- Clear, bold color
- Strong grip so you won’t lose control of the machine
- Solid but quiet when operating
- Hollowed needle case for comfort and ease of use
- Comes with a color chart guide
- Some customers reported that it feels cheap
- It’s harder to control
- When fully assembled, some parts are positioned awkwardly
- The needles are too long
The Dragonhawk Cartridge Tattoo Machine Kit is not only affordable but also has everything you need to get started with tattooing.
Carrier bag is not heavy at all and the packaging is very good giving for the surprisingly low price, a complete tattoo kit with almost all the accessories.
This is just what you need to create tattoo designs on your customers.
3. EZTAT2 Rotary Tattoo Cartridge Machine Dagger Y FAULHABER Motor Tattoo Pen
- Pendulum vibration, this little machine can definitely transmit real power
- Stamp unlike the ordinary pen machine, rotate stoning is flexible
- Will not damage the client’s skin phone, soft and delicate texture feels very natural
- Compatible with both CO2 cartridges and rotary power to meet the needs of the creativity of the masters
- Don’t fade tool, black light can be removed after a popular tool lasts longer, and the goods can be sterilized
- Switch, does not stick switch, easy to control, convenient and efficient
- Cord is too short and relatively thin, the way of use is inconvenient
- Intake time is not long to play mobile compatible, only suitable for tattoo artist Daegu use.
- The plunger cap is relatively large, easy to lose; the next down is not very convenient
- Tool needs to be unscrewed, filling it is not convenient.
First thing: this is a personal luxury, portable, easy to use, for a variety of power, is the first target of the direct and the new apprentice, combined with unique craftsmanship, is the best gift for the apprentice
Second, the precision of fine hand-held machine: professional cartridge, Russian platinum, German imported stainless steel needle, unique, without leakage, no rust, no slippery
4. EZTAT2 Astral Tattoo Rotary Cartridges Machine Kit Gun Japan Motor RCA Connection
Overall this is one of the best tattoo kits available on the market. It’s also completely affordable, considering its professional quality. It comes with everything you’ll need to get started, including: the EZTAT2 machinery, 3 needle bars, tube gauges, cleaning needles, drawing apparatus, color tubes, 3 inks, as well as a power adapter and color tubes.
The style of the machine allows for free, simple, and steady motion. The needle is flexible and allows you to control the depth of your work more precisely. The motor is made with strong, high-quality parts and is relatively quiet, so your clients won’t freak out.
5. STIGMA Complete Tattoo Kit Pro Tattoo Machine Kit Rotary Tattoo Machine Power Supply Color Inks
Stigma professional tattoo machine is built with state-of-the-art technology, for old school, new school, and traditional tattoos. Featuring all in one design, the Stigma MK648 has a built in C clamps for twisted practice and to build muscle memory.
Machines ergonomics are tested and refined to ensure comfort. The machine is lightweight, portable and compact. With 8/ 10 speeds, it’s high performance allows you to get in all the detail in your work without losing speed.
Machine power: 110-220V/AC, 50/60Hz, 8W
6. Wormhole Tattoo Pen Kit Cartridge Tattoo Machine Kit
- Adjustable power, voltage, and rotations
- Equipped with flash light, which allows you to work aim a ‘dirty’ environment
- Very lightweight, perfect for traveling
- Comes with 2,400 different design templates
- Can do small, medium, and large-sized tattooing
- Works for both children and adults
- Doesn’t come with sharp needles, making for a safe tattooing session
- Easy to clean once the tattoo session is over
- Very easy to use
- The tattoo kit works very fast
- Doesn’t come with a warranty
- The needles are very small and may not be fit for big projects
- You need an extra equipment to pierce the skin
- The tattoo color is not very bright
- The tattoo stencils are very low-quality
7. EZTAT2 Traxex Rotary Tattoo Cartridge Machine Kit Gun Germany FAULHABER Motor RCA Connection
- Simple and easy to use
- The powerful motor comes with advanced shock absorbing features
- The kit comes with everything you need in order to get started with tattooing
- The quality of the ink is very good; it has vibrant colors and lasts for a long time
- You can start tattooing right out of the box …no assembly required
- Comes with three different needle bars: 1/16, 1/12, 1/10 …good for use on different thicknesses of skin
- The graphite bars allow you to use both solid colors and shaders
- The machine is a tad slow
- You need to regulate the power supply if you want to use multiple machines at the same time
- The motor becomes warm after extensive use
When it comes to tattooing, one word that stands out is precision. You ideally need to apply the ink with the utmost of care so that you don’t puncture the skin or go through it.
The machine that you choose will determine whether you’ll be able to get the precision that you’re looking for.
8. Wormhole Rotary Tattoo Machine Kit
If you have access to a computer and the Internet, you’re already aware of the slew of questions surrounding how to become a tattoo artist. Being a professional tattoo artist requires a lot of patience, talent, and practice. For those that are serious about it – and have the sufficient dedication, the next major step is to find and purchase a professional tattoo kit.
Since there are a wide range of professional tattoo kits available, it can be hard to choose the right one for you. This is why it is essential to know what differentiates a professional tattoo kit from the rest.
In this guide, we’ll provide you with all the information you need to identify and differentiate the best professional tattoo kits on the market.
9. Solong Tattoo Complete Tattoo Kit 2 Pro Rotary Tattoo Machine Guns 7 Inks Power Supply Foot Pedal Needles Grips Tips TK269
- Great bargain for all that you’re getting
- Comes with all the tools you’ll need
- Easy to set up, and has several simple, yet useful features
- Ergonomics is an important aspect of this machine
- The foot pedal is useful, and is better than pedals you’d find on other models
- It’s not too heavy and works for both lefties and righties
- The needles could be better quality
- The foot pedal cord is a little short; you may need to buy an extension cord
The Solong 2 Pro Tattoo Kit comes with everything you need to start your career as a tattoo artist. Its ergonomic design, flexible shaft, and powerful motor handle a wide range of tasks.
Solong is a Chinese manufacturer specializing in tattooing and provided great customer service to cover for the issue with the foot pedal cord. You can check out more about this in the section below.
10. EZTAT2 BAT Tattoo Cartridge Machine Kit Japan DC Coreless Motor
- High-quality material
- Easy to use
- Comes with a year warranty
- Suitable for professionals
If you’re looking for a professional tattoo kit to get your business off the ground, then this one from EZTAT2 might be a good suggestion for you. It’s made from high-quality parts, which are based on leading Japanese technology.
The tattoo kit is easy to set up and use, and it also comes with an extra set of needles. You don’t have to worry about any after-sales service, as this is a product that’s built to last.
Users love the kit because it works so well, but most of them have complained about the noise levels. Some have even reported that the motor gave out within a few weeks of using it, but that’s probably because it was run too fast.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best professional tattoo kit to buy?
You ought to buy a kit with all the basic equipment you need in order to be self-sufficient. You can buy a more advanced kit at a later time. A first time tattoo artist will probably need at least 2 tubes of black ink, 1 tube of another color, a piece of rubber for cleaning the needle, a dozen ink caps, a few bottles of sterilizing solution, and some needles. A more advanced kit will probably include electric tattooing machines, a few tubes of machine oil, various tips for shading tattoos, several dozen of various sized needles, temperature controls, etc.
How do I choose my first tattoo machine?
If this is your first time tattooing, you might have some trouble identifying what tattoo kit is right for you. You can choose from different colors and styles of tattoo kits (black and gray) and the size and shape of the needle. Most kits come with basic black tattoo inks, which you can always replace later, as well as tattoo needles. You might then want to purchase additional needles of different sizes, depending on what you are planning on doing. For example, if you want to practice a lot on your skin and don’t have a lot of experience with tattooing, you may want to buy several smaller sized needles, such as 5, 7 and 9, and then when you’re ready, buy one or two larger sized needles.
What is the best tattoo gun for beginners?
Beginners should look for entry-level tattoo kits that include all of the essential tools, such as the ink, the gun, and the power supply. Additionally, these kits should come with instructions on proper hygiene and safety. Ink is also an important consideration. Will the kit come with the artist’s preferred brand or will you have to purchase it separately? What is the artist’s experience in preparing their own ink? All of these questions must be considered before making a purchase. By learning about all of the variables, you will be able to make an intelligent decision when selecting the best tattoo kit for your needs.
What should my tattoo machine be set at?
It’s important to know that the size of the needle is based on the type of work done and how often the artist works. Most professional tattoo artists are now using single-use stainless-steel needles that are disposable. They are changed after each new client. These are higher-end needles (often called ‘industrial grade’). They are more likely to inflict more friction on the skin because of their size, but they are also less likely to break or bend.
Before you decide to go the professional route, however, keep in mind that they are more expensive than hobby-use needles (which, if used incorrectly, could break into a client’s skin) and they are not generally sold on a reputable website like Amazon. If you decide to go the professional route, it is worth it to invest in sterilized, industrial grade, single-use needles, as well as machines with rotary motors.
When it comes to choosing the best tattoo kit, it depends to a large extent on the type of art you wish to create. Each kit exists for a specific type of design. Some are for those who want to get a tattoo upgrade, while others are for an individual who wants to start his or her career in the tattoo business.
Ultimately, the best tattoo kit will be one that you feel comfortable with and allows you to create the particular design you want. As long as you’re enjoying the process and the result, what matters is that you choose a set that fits your needs. So explore all your options, and you should find the one that satisfies you.