Choosing the best tattoo machines for your next tattoo can be a very difficult choice. With a wide variety of brands and models on the market today it can be challenging to discern the right choice for you.
The difficulty of the task stems from the fact that there are quite a few factors that go into making a tattoo machine and these factors can then be combined in a variety of ways to produce a wide variety of tattoo machines.
We are going to take a look at the top tattoo machine brands out there today. We are going to take a look at what makes them great and why you should consider these brands if you’re in a market for buying a tattoo machine. In the next article we are going to go through and review each of the top brands and what sets them apart from the rest.
The first step to buying the best tattoo machines is knowing where to look.
1. FK Irons Spectra Direkt2 Tattoo Machine
FK Irons experienced tattooers have created the Spectra Direkt2 for the professional user who is looking to make a significant impact on the industry. It features stainless steel clips and has a lightweight internal switch. Plus, it’s the perfect machine for small and intimate areas.
With this machine, you’re going to get the absolute best in professional tinker technology. First of all, the internal switch is a sleek feature that doesn’t create any noise.
Keep in mind that this is a spring-loaded machine, so the topbar will move slightly when you pull the trigger. It’s recommended for people who prefer to use a spring-loaded machine.
2. Dragonhawk Complete Tattoo Kit 4 Standard Tunings Tattoo Machines Power Supply 10 Color Immortal Tattoo Inks 50 Needles Tips Grips
- The kit includes everything you need.
- The needles are sterilized and ready to use.
- Easy to set up and use, even for beginners.
- Great choice for beginners due to its easy to learn setup.
- The price is more than reasonable.
- The process of adjusting the power isn’t easy.
- The tip may break easily.
- The ink is too thin, especially when using the double liner.
- The needle is a bit too heavy for the machine.
The Dragonhawk tattoo kit has a modern and appealing design. Comes with 4 different tattoo machines with different yardages, where each of them are suitable for planning and watercolor tattoos. The needles are one-inch and the tattoo machine’s color is black. The ink is of high-quality, but you’ll have to clean it up first before using it. The kit contains 10 colors of pigments, which are enough for a beginner. Having 50 needles and 12 grips is more than enough for a beginner. The needles are newly designed and sterilized to be used right after the setup. The needles are disposable and one-time use only. They are easy to clean and maintain, so you don’t have to worry about putting too much effort into maintenance.
3. TRUGLO Storm Ultra-Lightweight Compact Bow Sight
If you happen to be looking for a fun bow sight, then you may want to check out what the TRUGLO Storm Ultra Sight can offer you.
This is a bow sight that is specifically designed for the female archer. It is trim and lightweight, giving you complete control of the sight. Plus even without the use of any straps, it can still stay securely in place.
The TRUGLO Storm sight is designed with a built-in quiver that can hold on to up to three arrows. Plus it also comes with a vibration-free, carbon-fiber plunger. This plunger is designed to hold on tight onto the arrows – and it also stays durable and reliable.
4. Bishop Authentic Rotary Tattoo Machine
- Drip-proof and corrosion resistant
- High-power and superior performance
- Affordable and budget-friendly
- Doesn’t need frequent maintenance
- Smooth and quiet operation
- Suitable for professional use
- Some parts may need frequent replacement
- Can’t be used for large areas
There are many brands of tattoo machines out in the market, but each one has its own unique features that you should consider before purchasing it. Some hold more importance than others, and based on our research we’ve come up with this list of features that you should pay attention to:
This applies more to rotary machines rather than coil machines. Rotary machines need to keep the needle still while the skin is moved. Good quality rotary tattoo machines have a lot of torque and power to hold the needle steady while still moving the skin slightly.
The tattoo machine continues to vibrate or pulse when the power is turned on. Having a good machine means that the amplitude will be constant, not creating ragged peaks and valleys.
5. Cheyenne Hawk Pen
- Invaluable for restoring old tattoos
- Doesn’t require a ton of maintenance
- Easy to use
- Reasonably simple and safe to use
- Fades quickly (so you can get multiple uses out of it)
- Ton of uses for this pen
- Comes in 3 different colors
- Can leave streaks
- Doesn’t give a bold black line
- Can be finicky
- May bleed a bit
- The machine can break if you are too rough with it or drop it
6. Dragonfly Authenitc X2 Rotary Tattoo Machine
7. Solong Tattoo Machine Strong Power 10W Motor Rotary Tattoo Supplies
- High power 10W motor
- Comes with RCA connection
- Long lasting and reliable
- Shorter than normal needles
- The plastic case may be cheaper than you’d expect
The Solong Tattoo Machine is a commercial grade needle machine at a cost-effective price. It comes with a 1-year warranty, and with the satisfactory service, you can extend this to 2 and 3 years.
You have the option to choose between 3 needle sizes – 8ga, 9ga and 10ga, and it includes RCA plug.
You’ll notice that we made sure to focus on quality and customer reviews. This is because we’ve found that quality tattoo supplies and equipment can help you get a better tattoo for a lot longer. We didn’t include any companies that manufacture low quality equipment like roto machines and tattoo inks.